Man...what a day🙂 Many thanks to Ron, who is a faithful follower of my blog, and never fails to leave comments and likes. In keeping with the VP tradition, here are seven facts about me:
1. My father’s ninth grandfather sailed to America in 1753, and settled near Erie, Pa. Their family name was Sauberlich, but over the years, it was changed and Americanized to Siverling. Since my dad was adopted out of that family, we do not share that name – however, when I finish my first YA fiction, my pen name for it will be Thomas Siverling.
2. When I was in the Marines, I spent a year in Okinawa and Japan. During that time, I had the honor to climb Mount Fujiyama, one of the sacred mountains of Japan.
3. I have lived in 12 states.
4. I have a cousin who is quite famous (future blog post :))
5. I started writing at the age of 54.
6. During the time I was tracing my family tree, I discovered that one of my ancestors served in the military during every war or conflict the United States has entered, beginning with the Revolutionary War.
7. My wife of almost three years – and the love of my life – is responsible for my entry into writing – so, if you don’t like my stories, blame HER!
And now, my nominees:
Stan R. Mitchell